My paper entitled “Stretching, Opening or Sealing the Borders: Turkish Foreign Policy Conceptions and their Impact on Migration, Asylum and Visa Policies” is recently published by the Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies. If you wish to read, it is available at http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/ZzhfZzfJa92fmfEMnBPp/full and open to your comments.
- Apply for the Jean Monnet Module Summer School on “Migration and Security in the EU” (in Turkish). For further details and the application form, please visit my module web page: https://migration-eu.yasar.edu.tr/
- Jean Monnet Module event: European Union and Populism – Brexit, “Refugee Crisis”, Turkey…
Date: 23.12.2016 – 12:15
Venue: Yasar University Campus, FOO2
- With my colleague Güldan Kalem, we presented a draft report in the Council of Europe, Brussels office on the role of youth work in immigrant integration policies, which will be published in 2017. The draft report is available here.
- My new article entitled “Turkey’s great challenge: integrating 2.7 million Syrian refugees” was published by The Conversation. Please click here to access.
- My course project titled “Migration-Security Nexus in the EU” has been awarded as Jean Monnet Module by the European Commission. Among 737 applications, only 147 projects were selected for funding this year in Europe and only 5 projects from Turkey were selected under Jean Monnet actions.
- A New Strategic Partnership Project!: “Empowering Youth Workers to Reach out Young Migrants and Refugees” has been approved by the Turkish National Agency. The project is one of the two projects approved in the first round of 2016 Erasmus+ KA2 Youth Strategic Partnerships applications. The project consortium includes six partners from Turkey, Austria, Italy and Greece. Total budget of the project is 197.529,00 Euros.
- My article for the magazine of Yaşar University – Yaşarım: Projects on the route to European Union. Click here
- Our piece with Prof. Dr. Heaven Crawley on The EU-Turkey migration deal and the transformation in Basmane neighborhood of İzmir was published by Conversation: Click here to access
- I am going to give a seminar on 6th of April, 2016 at METU, Center for European Studies entitled “Transit Cities in International Migration Flows and Refugees: The Case of İzmir”
- Seminar on EU-Turkey Relations and Refugee Crisis
- My talk as respondent in University of Oxford, Refugee Studies Center seminar entitled “Making the Sense of EU-Turkey Deal” is available at: