The research aims to better understand the dynamics of migration in the Mediterranean region by providing the first large-scale, systematic and comparative study of the backgrounds, experiences, aspirations and routes of migrants in four European countries (Italy, Greece, Malta and Turkey) gathered from 550 migrants who have recently arrived and 100 stakeholders.
|Coordinator||Coventry University (The United Kingdom)|
|Program||ERSC Urgent Research Grants – E14034 (The United Kingdom)|
Articles in refereed journals
- “Uluslararası Göçlerin Bir Güvenlik Konusuna Dönüşümü: Avrupa’da Radikal Sağ Partiler ve Göçün Güvenlikleştirilmesi”. (with Mandacı, N.) Uluslararası İlişkiler Dergisi (International Relations Journal). V:10. No.39. Fall 2013. (SSCI Journal).
- “Security Belongings in South East Europe: Divergences and Convergences”. European Perspectives. October 2013 (indexed in IBSS).
- “Avrupa’da Göç Politikalarının Ulusüstüleşmesi ve Bir Güvenlik Konusuna Dönüşümü: Avrupa Göç Tarihinde Yeni Bir Dönem mi?. Ege Stratejik Araştırmalar Merkezi Dergisi, Cilt:5 Sayı:1, Ocak 2014, 11-48 (ULAKBİM).
- “Turkey on the Route of Retirement Migration: The Motivations of European Retirement Migrants to Prefer Turkey and Their Perception of Turkey”. Journal of Yaşar University. 2012. 28(7) 4766 – 4787.
Chapters in books or monographs
- “Afetler, Göç ve Kalkınma: Uluslararası Aktörlerin Rolü Ekseninde Bir Değerlendirme” in “Afetlerle Kalkınma: Tecrübeler, Politikalar ve Beklentiler” (Forthcoming -2015)
- “Corporate Social Responsibility in the European Context”. (with Yıldız, A.) in Turker D. (Ed.). Contemporary Issues in Corporate Social Responsibility. Lexington Books. USA, December 2013. ISBN number : 978-0-7391-8373-1
- “UN Global Compact, Migration, Demographic Change, Diversity Management, EU Communication on CSR”. Dictionary of Corporate Social Responsibility. Springer, (Forthcoming )
- “Social Entrepreneurship in Turkey: Challenges and Opportunities” (with Turker, D. and Yıldız, A) .in Emprendeduria Social: Alternativa Sostenible Para Una Nueva Economia (ed. by Carmen Parra and Ferra Porta). Libreria Bosh. September 2014. ISBN number: 978-84-942385-9-8.
- “Projeler için Fon Kaynağı Araştırma ve Fon Kaynağı Seçerken Dikkat Edilmesi Gerekenler”. in Toker, H. (Ed.). Proje Tasarımı, Yaşar University E-Book. 2013.
Published conference proceedings
- “European Radical Right Parties as Actors in Securitization of Migration”. ICPSIR 2013: International Conference on Political Science and International Relations, Venice- Italy , August 15-16, 2013, WASET, V. 80, PISSN 2010-376X.(indexed in International Science Index, EBSCO, ERA).
- “Social enterprises in a developing country context: Analysis of social entrepreneurship models in Turkey”, 2014. (with Türker, D., Yıldız, A International Conference on Entrepreneurship IEC 2014. Istanbul Aydın University [15-16.05.2014], Conference Proceeding, pp.117-129.
Works in Progress
- “Just Xenophobia or Beyond? The Political Economy of Anti-Immigration” with Beverly Crawford (Work in Progress).
- “Securitization as a Tool of Anti-Immigration Policies: The Case of Lega Nord in Italy” with Aylin Güney (Work in Progress).
- “The Reflections of the Transformations in Turkish Foreign Policy to the Migration and Asylum Policies” (Work in Progress).